|Distance Found||> 1800m|
The Cerastes is a navy variant of the Hydra, with one head instead of three, and has two curled horns sprouting from its head. Around where the player sits is a mass of spiky fur, coloured a blue-grey colour. The underside of the Cerastes' body is purple, and similarly coloured stripes run down its body. Its tail ends with a smaller furry mass, coloured similarly to the larger one.
A creature of Greek legend, it was a serpent that was so flexible that it is said to have no spine.
- Space Zoo upgraded to Olympus 6.
- Unlock (see how to unlock boss mission here) and complete Cerastes boss mission (tips for completion are below). From here it can be found in Olympus permanently.
- To be found in the stampede: Ride past 1800m in Olympus.
Note: Its chance of appearing is extremely low due to it being a tier 5 animal. It will appear randomly but very rarely, and doesn't appear before 1800m.
Tips for Boss Mission Edit
The Cerastes mission is one of the most difficult boss missions in the game. The Cerastes' extremely wide slithering makes it tough to control, and tough to manoeuvre through arches and around trees. It is recommended to predict early where the Cerastes will move, and allow as much space as possible to move, but it will take many attempts to complete this mission.
Baby Cerastes Edit
- The Cerastes was released on the 17th of September 2017 in version 1.11.0 along with dragons, turtles and other hydras.
- The Cerastes references the Cerastes of Greek mythology, which, as the description details, is said to have no spine.