|Distance Found||> 1300m|
The Gorill-uck is the eighth gorilla that can be befriended in the game. It could only be obtained by purchasing it in the 2017 Chinese New Year event for 200, and after purchase it can be found permanently in the stampede. After the 18th of May 2017, in update 1.8.0, it was re-released and reclassified as an endangered animal.
The Gorill-uck has the same natural features as the Western Gorilla, although it can be distinguished by its clothes, consisting of a traditional Chinese jacket and black pants. The jacket is predominantly red with light pale gold decals, including cuffs and shoulder pads, the base of the jacket, the traditional string configuration which work like buttons and the Chinese character '福' (pinyin: fú) meaning luck in ancient Chinese in a circle on the inside and outside of the forearm. Intriguingly, the '福' on the left side of each arm is flipped horizontally. The Gorill-uck also wears a traditional Chinese hat which is octagonal to replicate a circle, with a light orange dome surrounded by a black rim and a single black squatchee on top.
Harambe wishes he wore this jacket.
Before May 18 2017:
- Sky Zoo upgraded to Jungle 1 or greater.
- Western Gorilla unlocked.
- Purchase for 200 during 2017 Chinese New Year Event.
- Ride past 1300m in Jungle (Baby Gorill-uck also discoverable).
After May 18 2017:
- Sky Zoo upgraded to Jungle 1
- Western Gorilla tamed.
- Can only be tamed on a certain random day, and can only be matched on a certain random day after it has been tamed.
- Ride past 1300m in Jungle.
Note: Its chance of appearing is low due to it being a tier 4 animal. It will appear randomly but not often, and doesn't appear before 1300m.
Baby Gorill-uck Edit
- The Gorill-uck was first released on the 25th of January 2017 in version 1.5.0 to celebrate Chinese New Year, expiring in version 1.6.0 on the 8th of February 2017.
- The Gorill-uck is a play on luck, particularly the luck in Chinese culture, in name and appearance.
- The description plays on luck as well, stating that "Harambe wishes he wore this jacket" implying that it was bad luck or fortune that Harambe was shot when a 3 year old human boy fell into his enclosure.
- The Baby Gorill-uck's ability where rare animals appear 5% more often references luck in that it is luckier to find rare animals.
- The Baby Gorill-uck is missing the hat characteristic of the adult, instead sporting dark brown hair.
|Western Gorilla||Mountain Gorilla||Quarterback Gorilla||Guerilla||Lawrilla|