|Distance Found||> 1800m|
The Hairodactyl sports vibrant green wings, having a green bone and a dark green and green gradient for its wing membrane. Its wing membrane also includes a white Mercedes-Benz logo on each, and translucent green stripes running vertically. Two white five-petalled flowers with beige centres sit on the bone of each wing. The Hairodactyl can also be seen to wear a red shirt with a psychedelic rainbow pattern of circles, a blue headband, round sunglasses with orange tinting, and sport very long brown hair and a crest that is green with yellow bands and a white flower on top.
Still living in nineteen seventy five million BC.
- Space Zoo upgraded to Jurassic 5 or greater.
- Unlock (see how to unlock boss mission here) and complete Hairodactyl boss mission (tips for completion are below). From here it can be found in Jurassic permanently.
- To be found in the stampede: Ride past 1800m in Jurassic.
Note: Its chance of appearing is extremely low due to it being a tier 5 animal. It will appear randomly but very rarely, and doesn't appear before 1800m.
Tips for Boss Mission Edit
This boss mission requires the player to ride the Hairodactyl for an extended period of time, navigating their way through an elevated stampede area featuring rocks scattered around, as well as S-shaped lines of small rocks. Due to the ground being elevated, the Hairodactyl, which gets angry almost immediately, will only rise a very marginal amount every time it swoops, just enough to fly over a small rock. It is important in this boss mission to judge the landing of the swoops very well, and pinpoint the spot where the Hairodactyl is desired to land, as when it flies up, it will be unaffected by small rocks.
Baby Hairodactyl Edit
- The Hairodactyl was released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017, along with Jurassic and most Jurassic animals.
- The Hairodactyl is a play on the 1970's hippie culture and fashion, as can be seen by this image, in its appearance and description.
- The Hairodactyl's name is a portmanteau of 'hair' and 'pterodactyl', which references the long hair of hippies.
- The Hairodactyl's Mercedes-Benz logos on its wings are possibly a mistake or a play at the Mercedes logo and peace symbol's similarity.