|Distance Found||> 1800m|
The Nian Monster is the eighth lion in the game. It could initially be obtained by purchasing it in the 2017 Chinese New Year event for 125, and after purchase it can be found permanently in the stampede. After the 18th of May 2017, in update 1.8.0, it was re-released and reclassified as an endangered animal.
The Nian Monster is mostly a reddish orange in colour, with its mane and upper legs being the exceptions. The Nian Monster's upper jaw is coloured green with white markings, and the rest of its head is a reddish orange. Its eyes have distinct white markings around them too. On its forehead is a large upwards-curving spike with a yellow ring around it. Its mane consists of a backwards-curling flower with seven petals that are coloured reddish-orange fading to white from the head to the edge of the petals. Each of the Nian Monster's legs are golden coloured at the joint to the body down until the ankle, where there is a white line, and the foot, which is the reddish orange colour. Its tail is long and bushy, and has a green band around the base. Finally, its torso is reddish orange with wavy white lines running down the side of its body.
Most commonly found dancing in lines in China. Scare it away with fireworks.
Before May 18 2017:
- Sky Zoo upgraded to Savannah 5 or greater.
- Lion tamed.
- Purchase for 125 during 2017 Chinese New Year Event.
- Ride past 1800m in Savannah (Baby Nian Monster also discoverable).
After May 18 2017:
- Sky Zoo upgraded to Savannah 5
- Lion tamed.
- Can only be tamed on a certain random day, and can only be matched on a certain random day after it has been tamed.
- Ride past 1800m in Savannah.
Note: Its chance of appearing is low due to it being a tier 4 animal. It will appear randomly but not often, and doesn't appear before 1800m.
Baby Nian Monster Edit
- The Nian Monster was first released on the 25th of January 2017 in version 1.5.0 to celebrate Chinese New Year, expiring in version 1.6.0 on the 8th of February 2017.
- The Nian Monster is based on Nian, a monster well known in Chinese folklore. It was included as a lion because of the traditional lion dances based on Nian.
- The description is a reference to how South Chinese New Year parades involve people dressing up as Nian and performing a lion dance, which is performed in lines.
- It is also a reference to how Chinese people believe that loud noises scare Nian away, which is why fireworks were initially introduced into the Chinese New Year's celebrations.
- The Baby Nian Monster's ability where crates give 25% more coins references prosperity for Chinese New Year.
|Lion||Dande Lion||Sabretooth Lion||Gryphon||Cryin' Lion|
|Le'Ion Chef||Maasai Lion||Nian Monster|