|Distance Found||> 1800m|
The Oarolophus is the sixth variety of parasaurolophus in the game. It is a boss animal, meaning that it can only be tamed after the player completes a minigame called a boss mission. After successfully taming, it can be found permanently in the stampede.
The Oarolophus is mostly a dull brownish creme or beige colour, with its crest, shaped like a paddle, body and oars attached to its sides being of that colour. Its neck and head are coloured brown with a vortex-style checkered pattern. Along each side, the Oarolophus also has three octagonal brooches, with white rims and a white and orange horizontal stripe pattern. Its tail and legs can be seen to embody a darker dull brown than its back, and its mouth can be seen to be open, with its tongue sticking out at an unusual 90° angle.
These fearless Viking dinosaurs from the north would become the scourge of the Jurassic seas.
- Space Zoo unlocked.
- Unlock (see how to unlock boss mission here) and complete Oarolophus boss mission (tips for completion are below). From here it can be found in Jurassic permanently.
- To be found in the stampede: Ride past 2200m in Jurassic.
Note: Its chance of appearing is extremely low due to it being a tier 5 animal. It will appear randomly but very rarely, and doesn't appear before 2200m.
Tips for Boss Mission Edit
The player begins the Oarolophus boss mission in a red zone with a similar design to Jurassic past 2000m. Skeletons can be seen in the stampede, along with volcanic rocks bombarding the player, the Oarolophus and many other parasaurolophuses. The player must jump onto the Oarolophus and navigate through bombardments of volcanic rocks while avoiding crashing into other parasaurolophuses. The Oarolophus will remain not angry for the whole mission. A good tip is to predict the path of the wild parasaurolophuses so that they are not run into when attempting to avoid volcanic rocks.
Baby Oarolophus Edit
- The Oarolophus is based on a Viking longboat and plays on the word 'oar', a wooden blade used to steer or move boats.
- The Baby Oarolophus's ability of the ridden animal being 20% faster in water is a reference to the Oarolophus being based on a form of a boat.
- The Oarolophus is the only parasaurolophus to have an open mouth.
- The Oarolophus was released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017, along with Jurassic and most Jurassic animals.
- The description contained several errors, however, they were corrected in version 1.15.0 on the 22nd of March 2018.