The Space Zoo was released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017. It can be unlocked when the player upgrades their Sky Zoo ship to Jungle 3. It is the hub for all Jurassic, Olympus and Garden animals. The Space Zoo is a rocket ship with an open top, powered by several rocket boosters at the entrance of the zoo, set in space. Its appearance changes slightly after each ship upgrade to explore new areas and zones. At the entrance to the left is an energy () generator. When entering the stampede, the player is fired through a purple portal, suggesting the travel to a new dimension or time period. When there are visitors, can be found which give a small cash bonus. Overall, the Space Zoo has a futuristic look, with fences for habitats and the entrance gate being made of blue lasers.
Space Zoo zones require energy () to play, a system where each run costs a certain amount of which is decreased as some Space Zoo animal habitats are upgraded. is lost as time, as opposed to distance, elapses. The only ways to increase the player's amount is by opening the zoo for business, where 100 (200 if an advertisement is watched) is earned, or by spending to purchase . At most the player can hold up to 1200, but if it is purchased with , the player can hold as much as they want.
To upgrade Space Zoo habitats, the player must complete three missions of that island to be able to upgrade a habitat. For example, if the player wants to upgrade their griffin habitat, they would have to complete 3 Olympus missions, and hope that out of the 3 habitat upgrades provided by random, that one of them is a griffin habitat upgrade.
The player must do the same to unlock new areas, except they can only upgrade the ship every 3 mission sets of 3, or every 9 missions.
- Jurassic - unlocked when the player reaches Jungle 3 in Sky Zoo
- Olympus - unlocked when the player reaches Mountains 3 in Sky Zoo
- Garden - unlocked when the player reaches Outback 3 in Sky Zoo
- Up until version 1.18.0 on the 21st of June 2018, was bugged in that if the player paused in a Space Zoo zone for a long time, forgetting about the run, before returning several hours later, they would lose a lot of energy, despite not actually playing or running in the stampede. Players would also lose energy when taking a photo of their newly-tamed animal.
- For a limited time, from the 5th to the 7th of September 2018, Jurassic, Olympus, and Garden maps were available for purchase with real money in the shop.