The buffalo is the first species of animal the player finds in the game. There are 8 different types of buffalo. They are available in proper gameplay from Savannah 1, or as soon as the player completes the first tutorial, excluding Buff the Magic Dragon, which can be found from Savannah 5 onwards.
|Cape Buffalo||Base||> 0m||0|
|Forest Buffalo||Regular||> 150m||1|
|Water Buffalo||Regular||> 300m||3|
|Bufferrari||Level 9||> 600m||14|
|Buff the Magic Dragon||Endangered||> 600m||30|
- Wild: Buffalo move relatively slowly.
- When ridden: When the player first lassos a buffalo, the buffalo will charge for a short amount of time and smash anything in the way, an ability gained when the player upgrades their habitat to level 3. After it charges, the buffalo moves at a slightly faster pace than wild buffalo.
- When angry: Buffalo buck jerkily, much like a bull, in an attempt to throw the player off and make them crash.
If the player has upgraded their buffalo habitat to level 1, buffalo will move towards the player when they are in the air, giving the player some safety if their lasso size is very small or they miss their jump. Buffalo are useful as, when they are first lassoed, they rush forward smashing any obstacles in their path, if their habitat is upgraded to level 3. This ability becomes very useful in longer runs and increases in strength throughout upgrades.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - While you are in the air, buffalo move towards your lasso
- Level 2 - Ride for an extra 2s before a buffalo gets angry
- Level 3 - Landing on a buffalo makes it charge forward, smashing anything in the way
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from buffalo
- Level 5 - Landing charges on a buffalo are 2x longer
- Level 6 - Ride for an extra 1s before a buffalo gets angry
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while bucking on buffalo
- Level 8 - 2x more rare buffalo in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Buffalo to the stampede (Bufferrari)
- Buffalo were released in the original release, version 1.0.0, on the 22nd of June 2016, along with Savannah and all Savannah animals, Jungle and all other Jungle animals, and the Sky Zoo.
- The Cash Cow was once part of the buffalo and considered a type of buffalo, but was moved to the epic habitat after update 1.4.0 and reclassified as a cow.