Dragons are the sixth species of animal available in the Olympus island, and the fifteenth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of dragon. Like all Space Zoo animals, more dragons are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the dragon habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 4, however this excludes the Quetzalcoatl, which is unlocked from Olympus 5.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Dragon||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Colchian Dragon||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Dragon of Helios||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Y Ddraig Goch||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Nidhogg||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Quetzalcoatl||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||12|
|Cockatrice||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Zmey Gorynych||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Dragons run in a pouncing manner alone in the stampede.
- When ridden: Dragons run faster than when wild and will leap up and jump over trees and rocks, smashing anything upon landing. When running they smash animals normally, similarly to elephants.
- When angry: Slows down, bucks the rider in the air and eats them.
Dragons are good as they offer a good amount of time of invincibility. They are also fun to use due to their jumping mechanism, which allows for more area to be smashed. Past 2000m, dragons are a luxury, giving the player precious time of invincibility to reach a higher distance. Jumping off dragons is also underrated; the player can jump in excess of 100m off a dragon.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more dragons in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare dragons to the stampede (Colchian Dragon, Nidhogg)
- Level 3 - Ride for an extra 2s before a dragon gets angry
- Level 4 - Jump further from dragons
- Level 5 - Add two new rare dragons to the stampede (Y Ddraig Goch, Cockatrice)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins for landing on top of animals or obstacles while riding dragons
- Level 7 - Ride for an extra 1s before a dragon gets angry
- Level 8 - 2x more rare dragons the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Dragon to the stampede (Zmey Gorynych)
- Dragons were released on the 17th of September 2017 in version 1.11.0 along with turtles and hydras.
- All dragons are based on mythical dragons from different cultures around the world.