Giraffes are the fifth species which the player can befriend in the game. There are 9 different types of giraffe. They are available from Savannah 3, excluding the UFG and the World's Tallest Sheep, which can be found from Savannah 4 and Savannah 5 respectively. The player must ride past 1000m to find giraffes.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Taco Jirafa||Regular||> 1500m||3|
|Giraffatar||Level 9||> 1800m||14|
|World's Tallest Sheep||Endangered||> 1800m||30|
|Giraffemas Tree||Event||> 1800m||30|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it.
- Wild: Giraffes move at a slow pace.
- When ridden: Giraffes run noticeably faster than when they are wild.
- When angry: Giraffes lurch their neck back and sling the player forwards.
Giraffes have many abilities which benefit the player greatly. For a start, when the habitat has been upgraded to level 3, giraffes can kick over any animal except for elephants, rhinos and yaks, where they will stumble comically for several seconds before recovering. They can also smash trees without stumbling. Another major advantage of the giraffe is the catapult-like throw, which when upgraded to level 6, becomes almost cheap as the giraffe will throw you extremely far and the player will have a massively increased lasso size, making it almost impossible to miss an animal upon landing. When giraffes are angry, they will throw the player off, so be the player must be wary to face straight ahead to increase the chances of landing on another animal.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more giraffes in the stampede
- Level 2 - Jumping from a giraffe temporarily increases lasso size by 20%
- Level 3 - giraffes can stumble and recover from minor crashes
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from giraffes
- Level 5 - Jump further from giraffes
- Level 6 - Jumping from a giraffe temporarily increases lasso size by 20%
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins for longer jumps from giraffes
- Level 8 - 2x more rare giraffes in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Giraffe to the stampede (Giraffatar)
- Giraffes were released in the original release, version 1.0.0, on the 22nd of June 2016, along with Savannah and all Savannah animals, Jungle and all other Jungle animals, and the Sky Zoo.
- The level 3 upgrade contains an error in that "giraffes" is written without a capital letter.