Griffins are the fourth species of animal available in Olympus, and the twelfth animal species in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of griffin. Like all Space Zoo animals, more griffins are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the griffin habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 2.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Griffin||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Hippogriff||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Hippalectryon||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Chimera||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Manticore||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Riffin||Boss||Level 0||> 1800m||12|
|Spiffin'||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Griffin Door||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Griffins can be found running slightly faster than other animals, occasionally eating one that gets in its way.
- When ridden: Griffins can eat animals ahead of them, and jump up and fly if there are no animals ahead. Feeding a griffin more animals will make them stay happier for longer.
- When angry: Griffins buck the player up and eat them before falling asleep.
Griffins are very useful before 2000m, where griffins' high running and flying speed assist with reaching animals to eat more quickly to keep them happy for longer. Later on, they are still useful, especially when the habitat is upgraded to level 7, allowing griffins to eat anything, although their high speed makes it easy to crash into rocks or trees, particularly when lunging to eat an animal. A griffins' glide is also useful as the player can fly over the sides of cliffs and animals, although the player must be wary of overhanging arches.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more griffins in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare griffins to the stampede (Hippogriff, Manticore)
- Level 3 - Ride for an extra 1.5s before a griffin gets angry
- Level 4 - Get bonus coins for eating other animals on griffins
- Level 5 - Add two new rare griffins to the stampede (Chimera, Spiffin')
- Level 6 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Olympus
- Level 7 - Allows griffins to eat anything
- Level 8 - 2x more rare griffins the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Griffin to the stampede (Griffin Door)
- Griffins were released on the 18th of August 2017 in version 1.10.0 along with Olympus and the remaining original Olympus species.