Hinds are the tenth animal species in the Space Zoo, and the second species of animal available in Olympus. There are 8 different types of hind. Like all Space Zoo animals, more hinds are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the hind habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 1.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Ceryneian Hind||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Elaphoi Khrysokeroi||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Oh Deer Lord||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|TV HIND||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Beehind||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Hindsight||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||12|
|Golden Hinde||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Mi-24 Hind||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Hinds are found moving slowly in a forward direction, seen occasionally before 2000m but very frequently after 2000m.
- When ridden: Hinds speed up slightly however their behaviour is not too different from wild behaviour.
- When angry: Hinds accelerate rapidly, jumping approximately every two seconds.
Hinds can be used early on as distance carriers, although their jumps make them noticeably more difficult to control than ostriches. Hinds are more useful later on, with their easy control when not angry and slower speed and ability of the player's lasso size not reducing when landing on them making them very good for travelling long distances which can be achieved by jumping from hind to hind.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Ride for an extra 2s before a hind gets angry
- Level 2 - Add two new rare hinds to the stampede (Elaphoi Khrysokeroi, Beehind)
- Level 3 - Landing on a hind doesn't reduce your lasso size
- Level 4 - Angry hinds accelerate slower
- Level 5 - Add two new rare hinds to the stampede (TV HIND, Golden Hinde)
- Level 6 - Bucks from a hind push other animals away
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while travelling at top speed on hinds
- Level 8 - 2x more rare hinds the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Hind to the stampede (Mi-24 Hind)
- Hinds were released on the 18th of August 2017 in version 1.10.0 along with Olympus and the remaining original Olympus species.
- Like that of many other animal species, the habitat upgrades contained an error in which the apostrophe in the word "doesn’t" was missing in-game.
- This was corrected in version 1.15.0 on the 21st of March.