Hydras are the eighth species of animal available in the Olympus island, and the sixteenth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of hydra. Like all Space Zoo animals, more hydras are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the hydra habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 6.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Hydra||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Naga||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Ophiotaurus||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Ladon||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Amphisbaena||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Cerastes||Boss||Level 0||> 1800m*||12|
|Basilisk||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Jörmungandr||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Hydras are found slithering individually, with a side-to-side wavy movement.
- When ridden: Hydras move similarly to wild hydras when ridden, and do not slow down in water. They are able to smash any animals smaller than it and other hydras.
- When angry: Hydras speed up slightly, and its side-to-side slithering movement becomes gradually wider making it very difficult for the player to steer and determine their jump direction.
Hydras offer control in water and good agility when not angry. They have a lot of weaknesses though, being liable to being burned by lightning due to their length and not being able to smash minotaurs, dragons and other hydras. When angry, they become virtually uncontrollable and impossible to jump off without dying or latching onto another animal luckily.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more hydras in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare hydras to the stampede (Naga, Amphisbaena)
- Level 3 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Olympus
- Level 4 - Angry hydras accelerate slower
- Level 5 - Add two new rare hydras to the stampede (Ladon, Basilisk)
- Level 6 - Ride for an extra 1.5s before a hydra gets angry
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while travelling at top speed on hydras
- Level 8 - 2x more rare hydras the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Hydra to the stampede (Jörmungandr)
- All hydras are based on mythical serpents from different cultures around the world.