Stegosauruses are the eighth species of animal available in the Jurassic island and the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of stegosaurus. Like all Space Zoo animals, more stegosauruses are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the stegosaurus habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Jurassic 6.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Stegosaurus||Base||Level 0||> 1000m||0|
|Sydney Operasaurus||Regular||Level 2||> 1150m||1|
|Stitchosaurus||Regular||Level 0||> 1300m||3|
|Nachosaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||5|
|Thesaurus||Regular||Level 2||> 1800m||8|
|Stegosawrus||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||12|
|Crystalsaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 2200m||20|
|Sparkosaurus||Regular||Level 9||> 2200m||30|
- Wild: Stegosauruses run evenly, as if running a marathon.
- When ridden: Stegosauruses move faster and can eat shrubs, lunging in towards a shrub is near one and facing it.
- When angry: Stegosauruses buck the player forward about 60m.
Stegosauruses are incredible distance carriers. When their habitat is upgraded to level 6, they can carry the player almost 1500m if the player sticks to shrubs, with good steering control. Aside from that, they lack the speed to escape tyrannosaurus rexes and volcanic rocks, infinite longevity, ability to not reduce the player's lasso size and invincibility to anything.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more stegosauruses in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare stegosauruses to the stampede (Sydney Operasaurus, Thesaurus)
- Level 3 - Eating shrubs keeps a stegosaurus happy for longer
- Level 4 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Jurassic
- Level 5 - Add two new rare stegosauruses to the stampede (Nachosaurus, Crystalsaurus)
- Level 6 - Ride for an extra 2s before a stegosaurus gets angry
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins for eating shrubs on stegosauruses
- Level 8 - 2x more rare stegosauruses the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Stegosaurus to the stampede (Sparkosaurus)
- Stegosauruses were released later than all other Jurassic species, released in version 1.9.0 on the 22nd of June 2017.