Turtles are the seventh species of animal available in Olympus, and the sixteenth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of turtle. Like all Space Zoo animals, more turtles are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the turtle habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 5.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Giant Turtle||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Black Turtle||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Aristurtle||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Ninja Turtle||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|World Turtle||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Fruit Tartle||Secret||Level 0||> 2000m||12|
|Flippin' Burger||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Shellebration||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Turtles sit still in pools of water and on land.
- When ridden: Turtles move slow, and speed up marginally when in water and just after they exit the water.
- When angry: Turtles slow down and buck the player a horribly short distance in the direction they were facing.
Turtles are only good for fast water travel. They are good in Jungle, but are terrible in Olympus, being a contender for the worst animal in the game. They are slow, get angry quickly, sometimes even before the player can tame them, and buck the player a very short distance when angry after slowing down, resulting in wild animals moving faster and past the player and leaving the player stranded as the turtle bucks them straight into the ground. They're beyond useless anywhere besides Jungle, Olympus and Outback, and it's also easy to get eaten by Tyrannosaurus Rexes or Spiders due to their slow speed, or get pounded by Drop Bears or Walruses, or get struck by lightning or volcanic rocks.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more turtles in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare turtles to the stampede (Black Turtle, World Turtle)
- Level 3 - Allows turtles to smash through rocks
- Level 4 - Get bonus coins for riding through water on turtles
- Level 5 - Add two new rare turtles to the stampede (Ninja Turtle, Flippin' Burger)
- Level 6 - Turtles take longer to slow down
- Level 7 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Olympus
- Level 8 - 2x more rare turtles the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Turtle to the stampede (Shellebration)
- Turtles were released on the 17th of September 2017 in version 1.11.0 along with dragons and hydras.
- The turtle is the only non-mythical species in the Olympus.