Walruses are the thirty-first animal species released in the Sky Zoo, and possibly the first that the player finds in Tundra. There are 8 different types of walrus. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Tundra 1.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Sea Cow||Regular||> 200m||1|
|Lawless Walrus||Regular||> 750m||4|
|Walrus Viking||Regular||> 1800m||30|
|Sabre Tooth Walrus||Secret||> 2000m||6|
|Belle of the Ballrus||Level 9||> 1300m||12|
|Wealthy Walrus||Endangered||> 1300m||30|
- Wild: Walruses will appear flying out and landing heavily from the large holes in the cliffs on the edges of the screen in similar manner to drop bears. If the player is near enough they will smash the player.
- When ridden: While riding they hop up and down comically, and can smash obstacles (rocks require a level 3 habitat upgrade) and other animals, similarly to an elephant and a yak. When they travel on ice, they slide with little control, but the time the player can ride a walrus for before it gets angry is extended, like a hippo.
- When angry: Walruses will buck the player up and use its flipper to smack the player off when it gets angry.
To tame walruses effectively, the player must be switched on, and react to the slightest bit of movement from a cliff. Latching onto walruses takes practice, and becomes easier as the player plays more often in Tundra. Walruses are more useful later on because it is easier to go from ice patch to ice patch, allowing the player to ride walruses without much worry for anything.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more walruses in the stampede
- Level 2 - After leaving the ice, walruses energy lasts 30% longer
- Level 3 - Allows walruses to smash through rocks
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from walruses
- Level 5 - When angry the walrus will hit you higher and further
- Level 6 - More control on ice when riding a walrus
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while on the ice on a walrus
- Level 8 - 2x more rare walruses in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Walrus to the stampede (Belle of the Ballrus)