Wombats are the twenty-fifth animal species available to the player. There are 8 different types of wombat in the stampede. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Outback 2.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Combat Wombat||Regular||> 500m||1|
|Wombamelon||Level 9||> 1300m||12|
- Wild: Wombats hop up and down ecstatically moving forward.
- When ridden: Wombats hop up and down ecstatically.
- When angry: When the wombat is angry it leaps up and burrows itself underground, with a trail of dug-up dirt visible. While underground it can smash rocks, trees and another animals but contact to these will make it fling the player a long distance off. The player cannot jump off without smashing anything while underground.
Taming wombats is very difficult in that the player must survive several seconds while underground on a wombat. A recommended tip for taming wombats, particularly rarer ones later on where Outback gets more difficult, is to have the wombat habitat upgraded to level 5, allowing the player to turn more easily. Wombats are a useful animal in Outback as Outback features several narrow sections with many obstacles, meaning that riding an angry wombat gives the player an opportunity to survive upon impact, with the player being flung off upon impact and the player's lasso size being increased by 20% when the habitat has been upgraded to level 3. Wombats are also useful in their ability to move towards the player's lasso when the wombat habitat is upgraded to level 6.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more wombats in the stampede
- Level 2 - Jump further with wombats
- Level 3 - Jumping from a wombat temporarily increases lasso size by 20%
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from wombats
- Level 5 - Turn faster while underground on wombats
- Level 6 - While you are in the air, wombats move towards your lasso
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while underground on wombats
- Level 8 - 2x more rare wombats in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Wombat to the stampede (Wombamelon)
- Wombats were released in version 1.3.0 on the 13th of October 2016 along with Outback and all other Outback species.
|Sheep||Kangaroos||Drop Bears||Wombats||Emus||Camels||Flying Foxes|