The zebra is the second animal species that the player can befriend in the game. There are 9 different types of zebra. All except two are available from Savannah 1, or as soon as the player completes the first tutorial, the exceptions being the Trojan Zebra and the Zegasus, which are unlocked at Savannah 4 and Savannah 5 respectively.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Punky Zeb||Regular||> 1600m||14|
|Elektro Zebra||Regular||> 2200m||30|
|Trojan Zebra||Secret||> 1000m||25|
|Legend of Zebra||Level 9||> 1600m||14|
- Wild: Zebras move slowly in a forward direction, and travel alone before 2000m and in large packs after 2000m.
- When ridden: Zebras move at a slightly faster rate.
- When angry: Zebras gallop in a pattern involving three short jumps before making one large leap, repeating this until the player jumps off or crashes.
Zebras have several advantages in that zebras will move towards the player once they have upgraded the zebra habitat to level 6 and do not reduce the player's lasso size when they land on one if the habitat has been upgraded to level 3. Zebras also travel in large packs, so if the player has to make a last-ditch jump, it is likely they will be saved by a zebra. Finally, zebras are good money makers after the habitat has been upgraded to level 7 as they earn coins approximately once every 1.5 gallops when angry.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Ride for an extra 2s before a zebra gets angry
- Level 2 - Bucks from a zebra push other animals away
- Level 3 - Landing on a zebra doesn't reduce your lasso size
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from zebras
- Level 5 - Angry zebras buck less violently
- Level 6 - While you are in the air, zebras move towards your lasso
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while bucking on zebras
- Level 8 - 2x more rare zebras in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Zebra to the stampede (Legend of Zebra)
- Zebras were released in the original release, version 1.0.0, on the 22nd of June 2016, along with Savannah and all Savannah animals, Jungle and all other Jungle animals, and the Sky Zoo.
- The Mission Mule was an additional part of the zebra habitat up until version 1.4.0, where it was reclassified as an epic animal and a mule.
- The level 3 upgrade contained a mistake in which "doesn't" lacked an apostrophe (written as 'doesnt').
- This was corrected in version 1.15.0 on the 22nd of March.