|Distance Found||> 200m|
The Taurodactyl is the second pterodactyl by zoo order. It can be found in the stampede when the player upgrades their pterodactyl habitat to level 2 or higher.
The Taurodactyl mostly resembles the Pterodactyl with a few differences. It has been coloured dark brown all over, fading to beige around its face. Its red wings have black spots on them, and it has a large gold ring hanging from its beak. The Taurodactyl also has a pair of wide black horns on its head.
- Space Zoo upgraded to Jurassic 5 or greater.
- Pterodactyl tamed.
- Pterodactyl habitat upgraded to level 2 or higher.
- Ride past 200m in Jurassic.
Note: Its chance of appearing is high but not guaranteed due to it being a tier 2 animal. It will appear often but not necessarily in every run, and never before 200m.
Baby Taurodactyl Edit
- The Taurodactyl was released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017, along with Jurassic and most Jurassic animals.
- The name Taurodactyl is a portmanteau of the words "Taurus", which is Latin for 'bull', and "pterodactyl".
- The description further contributes to the bovine theme, being a pun on 'high stakes' meaning a lot is at risk, and "steak", meat from a bull or a cow.
- The Baby Taurodactyl's ability where bucks become 10% smaller also contributes to this theme, with bulls being known to buck when ridden.